About Me

My photo
Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, January 25, 2008

Guest-Hosting on RundgrenRadio.com


Yeah, if you're reading this on or before January 29th, that stupid voice on the RundgrenRadio show that auto-starts when you load this blog, is moi.

I was bestowed with the honor (or was it dishonor?) of guest-hosting for my little bro Dougie Doug last Wednesday night. I interviewed Atom Ellis, the bassist who filled-in for Kasim Sulton during the New Cars tours in 2006-2007. That's him above. Cute, huh ladies?

Atom is a very quick wit, but was a real sweetheart as he took it easy on me, knowing I was a newbie (duh - it was so obvious) at the online radio game. Thank you, Atom.

Of course, if you give it a listen you'll be intrigued by Mr. Ellis. I know I was. He's had a pretty cool musical history and I was glad I had done my homework as he's been all over the place. He's played in some groovy bands. One of his bands was named Psychefunkapus. (Does anyone else want to call that Snuffaluffagus?) He's even played with Link Wray. How cool is that? Wray is considered one of the top 100 guitarists ever. Ever.
And of course, he's played with Todd in The New Cars. He's no slouch.

I had too much fun - especially when the red wine kicked in and I got my DJ groove on. DougieDoug had better look out. I'm not sayin'...I'm just sayin'.

Thanks Doug and Atom - hugs all around!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds pretty darn good, especially for a newbie! Are you sure you haven't done this before?
Sounds like a pro to me :)