About Me

My photo
Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

...And CruiserMel Takes The Mic Again

Hi there. You good? Excellent. Who me? Well, as my boss at my paying gig would say "A little bit better than outstanding."

Okay - maybe not quite that good, but good, nevertheless.

I'm pretty pumped about tomorrow night. See, Doug from RundgrenRadio (my non-paying gig) is letting me take the helm of the radio show this week and I'm thrilled about my guest.

His name is Brent Bourgeois. You may not immediately recognize the name, but if you were around in the 80's (or even if you're into the retro thang) (or even if you're into the CCM thang, too), he was the Bourgeois of Bourgeois Tagg.

What? You don't recall that name either?

They were a band out of northern California, via Dallas (just follow me here), who had some success on MTV with a couple of tunes. And yes, they've got a Todd connection. Todd produced their second album, which spawned their Top 40 hit "I Don't Mind At All." No worries, you'll recognize it when you hear it. See below.

Todd liked them so much he stole them as his own band for awhile! Attaboy, Todd.

Anyway, Brent's had a storied career which took him from 80's pretty-boy pop all the way to a solo career where he took the spotlight alone, doing a duet with Robert Palmer, then to Nashville, writing with the likes of Michael W. Smith, 4Him, and four #1 contemporary Christian hits.

So yeah, I'm a little excited to be interviewing him Wednesday night - 8:00 Eastern. Be there, aloha!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hooray for Mel!! you go girl! Have a blast!! :)

let me know if you need some old songs of his. I've got some on my hard drive if you need to play some on the air.

Sassy Blondie said...

Good Lord, Cruiser! You make me feel so inadequate in my own life....

CruiserMel said...

Thanks Daniel, but Brent helped me with some mp3s for the show. Hope you got a chance to listen. It was a blast, though it had to be rushed cuz he had a conflict. Pity - because he was fascinating!

CruiserMel said...

Sassy - It's amazing what having a little radio show can do - I get to interview handsome men! In many ways it's better than matchdotcom! At least you don't have to dress up for the occasion.