About Me

My photo
Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, July 28, 2008

Girls Rawk-N-Rule

I had something planned to tell you guys, I really did, but somehow I ran out of time over the weekend and so, unfortunately, I'm phonin' it in just so you'll keep coming back. I promise to tell you all about my bday weekend (Wow, was that like almost two week ago? Shit, that means I've got a bday in 11 and a half months!), but for now, I can just show you a portion of what I got to see last night.

I'd never seen Heart performing live and to be frank here (quit calling me Frank), I was going to the show to see 2 of my musical lifetime loves (Cheap Trick and Journey), but Heart was sandwiched between the bread, so I gave the girls a chance.

Man, oh man! Girl power, indeed!

3 comments:

Dezdmona said...

You've never seen the Wilson sister's before! ZOMG!
The first time I saw them was with Jefferson Starship in the mid '80's (with my sister).

They are most awesome.
If you ever get the chance, you should check out their CMT Crossroads with Wynonna. Talk about powerful! :whew:

Ok...that's all.

Dezdmona said...

Oh...on another note, Dog and Butterfly was popular when one of our friends fell from the sky...

...and it remains to this day a reminder (to me) of Karla's light in my life as well as a lesson not to take life for granted. ;)

CruiserMel said...

I know, I have no idea how I'd never seen Heart amongst all my concert-going. I may have heard them at one of the Texxas Jams when I was working for the dreaded TicketBastard, but I don't recall watcing them. Pity. I've been missin' out.

And on your other comment - I believe I think of Karla several times a year. What a bright light she was, indeed.