About Me

My photo
Dallas, Texas, United States

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Diary of a Mad Housewife

Hello, my chitlins. Here I am again, throwing myself upon your mercy, apologizing for being delinquent with the blog thingy. I don't want to bum out your day, but I've practically been on round-the-clock vigil with my mother for the last 11 days or so. Unfortunately, we all have to die and she's no exception, though she's taking her time, as she told a friend she would. Yup, it's a bummer. But let me say wow, mom's one strong woman! And let me also say the hospice system is awesome.


But enough of that.


Today I had to run back to the grocery store after work. I say "back" because, as lack-of-luck would have it, somehow my loaf of bread didn't make it into my bags yesterday. Grrrr. Oh well, they made good and let me go grab a loaf and didn't even take a look at my receipt. Damn, why didn't I say I wanted some of this:


Have you ever? This is the single most brilliant product name I've seen in a long, long while. I didn't have time to pick up a bottle, but I most certainly believe one of these has my name on it. Okay okay, I know I'm not a housewife, but I can surely go mad at times...mostly this past week or two. So there.


Anyway, y'all be good and hopefully I'll be posting a little more regularly real soon.

2 comments:

Tug said...

Many thoughts, prayers & hugs to you and your loved ones Mel!!

Just Sayin' said...

I'm so sorry about your mom Mel. If you need to talk you know where to find me...