About Me

My photo
Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Random Brutal Love Dreamer = Trollop

So, I'm reading another blog today - yes, I'm addicted, get over it. Said blog mentioned an online dating test and I figured, whatthehell, I've got a few minutes to kill and I can handle whatever said test can dish out, so I go to OkCupid and take the test.

First off - these people are serious! I've done a few of these tests in the past, but sakes alive if this isn't pretty personal! I swear, I was wanting to cover myself up as I got further into the test. But I perservered sensing I might actually learn a bit about CruiserMel. Did I ever!?!?

Yes, I've cheated on a boyfriend. (You would've, too, if you'd seen KiwiBoy.) Do I think it's alright to cheat? No. (Not usually - but you didn't see KiwiBoy.) Is it alright to flirt if in a committed relationship? Not just yes, but hell yes! (Well, I can, but he can't.) Ever had a one-night stand? Yes. (Well, could actually be one-week stands, as they usually occur on vacation and there's usually a foreign accent attached.) Is a one-night stand okay with you? Yes. (when on vacation and there is a foreign accent attached.) The test went on like this....but wouldn't let me interject the comments you see in parentheses. Though it isn't entirely fair - it does prove something: I'm a trollop. Officially.

BUT - I like the way they softened the explanation of my "type" to read "you're the rare, independent, self-sufficient kind of woman who does want love, but not from a weakling." This is after they've stated I like men to bleed. I am so ashamed. But kinda digging it, too - 'cause it's true. Heh. I'm apparently selective. Yeah, that's what my mother tells me.

Read what else I figured out about myself below. Really freaky. Better yet - go check it out yourself at okcupid.com I'd love to see someone else's results. Come on - share!

The Wild RoseRandom Brutal Love Dreamer (RBLDf) Colorful, but unpicked. You are The Wild Rose. Prone to bouts of cynicism, sarcasm, and thorns, you excite a certain kind of man. Hoping to gather you up, he flirts and winks and asks you out, ultimately professing his love. Then you make him bleed. Why? Because you're the rare, independent, self-sufficient kind of woman who does want love, but not from a weakling. You don't seem to take yourself too seriously, and that's refreshing. You aren't uptight; you don't over-plan. Romance-wise, sex isn't a top priority--a true relationship would be preferable. For your age, (excuse me?) you haven't had a lot of bonafide love experience, though, and this kind of gets to core of the issue. You're very selective. (damn right)
Your exact opposite:The Dirty Little Secret
Deliberate Gentle Sex Master The problem is them, not you, right? You have lofty standards that few measure up to. You're out there all right, but not to be picked up by just anyone. "You're never truly single as long as you have yourself." ALWAYS AVOID: The Bachelor CONSIDER: The Vapor Trail.

If only I knew who "the vapor trail" guy is. Sounds a little gassy to me. Just great.

Okay readers - go take the test - and let me know if you think it's dead-on or out of the ballpark. What cha waiting for? Git!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee hee I am The Priss: Prisses are the smartest of all female types. You're highly perceptive, and confident in your judgements. You'd take brutal honesty over superficiality any time--your friends always know where they stand with you. You're completely unfake. Don't tell me that's not a word. You're also excellent at redirecting internal negative energy.

Those questions were out of control? How about 'do you prefer to die or 10 random people die?'
What the?

CruiserMel said...

Oh yeah - I forgot about the "do you prefer to die or 10 random people to die" question. Wasn't hard for me, personally. And that's just a wee bit too scarey. Sometimes it's hard to look in the mirror, huh?

CruiserMel said...

buffy -

You're going to have to be a bit more clear. I really don't have any idea who you are.

- CM

CruiserMel said...

WAIT A COTTON PICKIN MINUTE! I know who you are....just had to clear the beer fog away.

Yes, we did have a bet going. But I'm not sure we shook on it. But I'm curious - who was it and were there more than one? LMAO

CruiserMel said...

Buffy - Uh oh. It's all coming back to me now. You had me at "shaking our booties while holding our boobies." Yikes.

Anonymous said...

I didn't have any problem the 10 random people dying vs me. *rolls eyes*

Probably why I scored as the:
Random Brutal Love Master, i.e., You've been in a lot of serious relationships. More than a few have ended ugly. Uglily. Whatever. Our guess is that you're a really fantastic girl who doesn't really know what she wants, and you've broken a few hearts as a result. You fall for people easily, and you enjoy the feeling of falling in love, but once you're there, either boredom or the old "grass is greener" syndrome sets in. The mind wanders, and with it goes the flesh. And then the toiletries.

I don't think this really applies since I've been MARRIED for 16 years...but I suppose that in any relationship there's an ebb and flow. LOL. However, I like the title of "Master" ...Hmmmm.

Looking forward to setting sail to the Caribbean in January...that's always a cure for the heart. *wink*