About Me

My photo
Dallas, Texas, United States

Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Soundtrack To My Life

Attention Whore, this post's for you.

I promised to bring you a really good post earlier tonight and since I'm done watching Grey's, here ya go!

Attention Whore is a blog I really like reading. She's Canadian. And seems really cool. And she's been nice enough to stop by here and I bow down in flattery as a new blogger. (If I could figure out how to do a link to her blog, I would, but try as I may, I can't figure this stuff out. It's like child-proof tops on aspirin.) Here's the best I can do: http://kimmermav.blogspot.com/

Anyway - today's post grabbed me by my musical balls (or ovaries) and I had to drop everything and participate. Music is where it's at, people. I can't exist without something playing in my head at all times. (to quiet the voices) Anyway, I'm sure it's quite scientific and totally accurate in determining one's past, present, and future. Precise as heck, in fact.

Here's what you do. Get your IPod and put it on shuffle. Write down the songs as they play. This is the soundtrack to your life. As an example, I am including my soundtrack. And it's creepy effin cool. (You could probably do this with a favorite radio station, if you are lacking in IPodery.)

Opening credits: "Money, That's What I Want" by Todd Rundgren. Ahh, Todd. Of course, you'd be my opening credit. But geez, my reader(s) is/are going to get the wrong idea about me, dude.

Waking up: "Curbside Prophet" by Jason Mraz. Hmmm.... "and I'm waiting for my rocket to come." Freudian much?

Falling in love: "Lessons in Love" by Level 42. 'Nuff said.

Fight song: "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey. Wow.

Breaking up: "Mammon" by Todd Rundgren. Bashing organized religion, Todd? I'm going to hell for sure now.

Making up: "My Place In The Line" by Jude Cole. Comforting. I like this.

Life's OK: "Instant Karma" by John Lennon. Hmm. Oh well - it makes me snap my fingers for some reason. I guess that's pretty much OK.

Mental breakdown: "All I Want Is Everything" by Jellyfish. Honest, I did not make this up. That's what came next. Sorta makes me want to take the fetal position though.

Driving: "Save a Prayer" by Duran Duran. Great song. Nice driving groove. Not sure if the words apply but Duran Duran? Yes. Yes.

Flashbacks: "In Repair" by John Mayer. Ahhhh. Now THAT'S prophetic.

Happy Dance: "Stay With Me" by Def Leppard (well, Rod Stewart once). I'm dancing all over again thinking about this one.

Regret: "I Just Want To Touch You" by Utopia. Wow. Sexual aggression. Man, I need to get into therapy.

Final battle: "Heaven" by Psychedelic Furs. The Furs? "Heaven"? That doesn't sound like a battle to me.

Death scene: "Daughters" by John Mayer. Whew, good thing I don't have a daughter. She'd probably be killing me right now.

Final credits: "Drive" by The New Cars (well, originally The Cars). "Who's gonna drive you home tonight?" Man, I hope it's someone with wings on their back and not dressed in red.

I'd love to hear about the soundtrack to your life. I shared, you share. DO IT!



6 comments:

m.bradford said...

Making fun of us Canadians eh? Hoser. I did this thing too - I guess I should post it eh? Hmm. So how's texas this time of year? Not 'ass-freezing' cold as it here I'll bet.

CruiserMel said...

Ain't no hoser here. Not one itty bitty bit. We love your accents. Read further into the blog and you'll see that foreign accents are way cool. Did I just say WAY COOL? Uh oh. PWI. Posting while intoxicated. Geez.

BTW, "ass-freezing" cold, yeah. Ice storm just today. Fantastic! 1/2 day off from work. BONUS!

Dare said...

Cool noodles!
Thanks for the linky love.
Isn't it FREAKY how some of them are so on the money?
We're going to have to do this again...with different questions.

Anonymous said...

At the moment I'm glad I don't have an iPod...I'd have to just select a CD and put it on shuffle, but that wouldn't provide much variety. LOL...

....Thought lately I've been listening to alot of Trop Rock.

Guess it's time to run off to the Caribbean. *big grin*

Anonymous said...

Hey...watch the hoser comments, eh? Just sayin'. I just did my version of this & posted it. Fun stuff, sister.

bevy said...

The way you create a link is by highlighting the word (or words) you want linked. Then you click on that icon that looks like a chain link and then you type in the web address you want it to be linked to. Get it? Test it out, you'll get it.

I don't have an iPod, but I'll do this with all the mp3s I have saved on my computer. Fun.